Choshen Mishpat is the section of Shulchan Aruch that covers laws of business, commerce, trade and the Torah's judicial system. This series will study Choshen Mishpat through the lenses of the Ketzot Hachoshen (Rabbi Aryeh Leib Heller 1745-1812), Netivot Hamishpat (Rabbi Yaakov Lorberbaum, The Rav of Lissa 1760-1832) , and the Vilna Gaon (1720-1797). These luminaries were pillars of the Lithuanian methodology of Talmudic reasoning and process. During the series we will go back to sources in the Gemmora and Rishonim to gain insight into the philosophies of each of these authorities with respect to Talmudic interpretation.
Listen to all Audio Shiurim in this Category
- Shelich Lidvar Aveira (Part 1) - The Extent of Personal Accountability
- Choshen Mishpat 3.1 (23.8.2015)
- Garmi and Tefissa with respect to Dayannim bizman hazeh. – Choshen Mishpat 1:4 and 5 (Ketzos s”k 4 and 5)
- Machlokkes Ketzos and Nesivos
- The authority of Battei Din outside of Israel and in our day. Choshen Mishpat 1:1
- Choshen Mishpat 1:1.cont.
- Whether Shelichutaaihu Ka'Avdinan applies to Gezeilot veChabbalot. Ketzot Hachoshen 1:3